Serrano ham is a type of dry-cured Spanish ham that literally translates into “ham from the sierra or mountains”. The salting and curing of hams, centuries old recipes, continue to be a staple within Spanish cuisine. Close to 50 years of experience, Campofrio Serrano Hams implement these traditions and customs in the production of their hams and are able to produce some of the finest Serrano hams in the Spanish food market. One of the top leaders in Europe for processed meats, Campofrio Serrano hams pass through four stages during the curing process, which include dry curing in mountain air, to ensure that their hams are distinguished by their quality in soft texture, aroma and flavor. Serrano ham is one of Spain’s most popular “tapa”. Paired with a melon, inside a sandwich, or simply eaten by itself or with some Manchego cheese, Serrano ham is simply delicious.
• Made from a pure, free range, landrace breed of White Pig
• Campofrio Serrano Ham is cured for 18-20 months
• Average of 30-35 servings per ham
• USDA approved
• High nutritional value, low percentage of fat content and low caloric count
• Slightly fibrous texture; mild, salty flavor; deep red meat
• Average weight 12-15 Pounds
Please note: Every Serrano Ham is different and are often not exactly the indicated weight; we'll therefore always ship you a Serrano ham that is closest to the indicated weight.
- Additional Information
SKU 000135JS Manufacturer Campofrio Country of Manufacture Spain